Who are we
Softwerk is a software development company based in the southern Swedish city of Växjö, our own little Silicon Valley. The company was founded by two employees of the Department of Computer Science at Linnaeus University in 2008 and has grown to over 30 employees since. All live and breathe coding. With one leg in the academic world and the other in the commercial, our software solutions are always in the scientific and technological vanguard. That’s how we're able to provide the most valuable products to our customers.
At Softwerk, highly skilled and creative minds from all over the world come together to turn ideas into deliverables. Join a team that encourages continuous learning. Work in the company of true experts that will help you push your knowledge to the fullest extent, and raise the bar at every step. Be part of interesting development projects with the latest technology on the forefront. Softwerk is a company that you will be proud to work for.
- As an employee of Softwerk, you have a great influence over your work situation with flexible working hours and the opportunity to for remote work.
- We offer you a place in a creative and international environment among highly technical skilled co-workers.
- We care about your health and give you a wellness allowance that can be used for workouts or massages. We are located in newly renovated premises in the I11 area in Växjö, close to the gym, restaurants and good public transport.
- Since we believe that knowing Swedish is an important part of being well integrated into Swedish society, we have our own Swedish teacher who offers Swedish lessons to all employees in need of that. We take care of all matters regarding work permit applications. Softwerk AB is certified by the Swedish Migration Agency.
- You will get a solid introduction and a mentor who will be the person to go-to for any questions you may have during your first period of employment.
- You will be taking part in interesting development projects - most of our projects are executed from our office in Växjö.
- You will be challenged and work in an agile environment with technology at the forefront.
This is you
DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO WOULD BE A BETTER CTO THAN YOU!?
Then do tell them to send in a resume! Softwerk is continuously growing and we need to expand the team with more people who share the same passion for software development as we do.
Who are you?
We think that you love software and that you communicate well in either English or Swedish (or both). You have seen some software organizations during your years in the business and this has led to you being somewhat opinionated in how things should be done. We need a team player who is structured, flexible and who can think and contribute independently as well as bring additional value to the team. You are capable of getting things done and are not afraid of taking some of the resources under your wings.
What will you do?
The CTO of Softwerk is part of the management team and controls the various projects that we run. We have 30-ish resources that work in small, customer-driven projects and they have appointed and very bright architects. It is however the CTO that unites the legions and acts as a second line to make sure that we deliver the quality that we are known for (and yes, that is also the reason why we have a Q in our logo!!). You will be a resource in the sales process when it comes to selecting which assignment we will choose and make offer calculations.
What do you bring to the table?
No one knows everything but we think that you are really good at something. Softwerk is a rather small and agile company so you add your special skills to the table and will tailor the role to be your own. We think that it makes sense if you have some experience with other IT development organisations and that you have seen some action.
Are you the perfect candidate for this role? (We never really wanted you to refer someone else)..!
Our current CTO is still working with us (one of the founders, actually) but is moving to slightly different things as we speak so we will be looking at applicants as soon as they come in. Don’t hesitate to send a quick letter of interest or just call and ask.
Send your CV and cover letter - or call CEO Björn Lundsten, 0707361577 for more information.
Industry PhD. Vision and Goal – Drive the AI revolution.
With the leverage of Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Data Analytics, and Machine Learning we have a strong belief that we can create new values in our current and future projects. Softwerk is currently operating a big number of projects for customers all around Europe and most of them are data intensive.
- Field of subject for the position: Computer Science
- Language: English
- Placement: Softwerk AB in Växjö in collaboration with the Department of Computer Science and Media Technology, at Linnaeus University in Växjö.
- Extent: 100%
Softwerk is setting up an AI group that will help, enhance and innovate in projects across the organizations offering. The already existing group are looking for a new candidate. The main field of study will be image recognition and processing.
Tasks will include but may not be limited to:
- Evaluate and develop already existing algorithms from a theoretical perspective
- Specialize and customize algorithms together with product specialists and market domain experts
- Participate in discussions to find new uses for AI / ML technologies in existing data-intensive projects
Duties consist mainly of the following
Graduate studies in the field of Computer Science, with a doctoral degree as the goal. The PhD thesis should be completed and defended within the official appointment duration of five years (20% research education, 60% work related to the research area, 20% other work for Softwerk AB).
- Research in the field Big Data, Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Visualization, Sensors, and Content Management.
- Regularly present intermediate research results at international conferences, workshops and publish them in conference proceedings and journals.
General entry requirements
- Has been awarded a second-cycle qualification
- Has satisfied the requirements for courses comprising at least 240 credits of which at least 60 credits were awarded in the second-cycle, or has acquired substantially equivalent knowledge in some other way in Sweden or abroad.
Specific entry requirements
- Approved courses of a minimum of 90 credits in the subject Computer and Information Science or the equivalent
- An individual study project of a minimum of 15 credits in the subject Computer and Information Science, or the equivalent.
Good programming skills (in for example Java, C#, or Python), and solid training in mathematics and theoretical computer science. Documented expertise and working experience within at least two of the following research and educational areas is a great advantage:
- Big data analytics
- Data visualization
- Machine learning
- Sensor Data
- Content Management
- Parallel processing
Because of the interdisciplinary character of the project and LNUC DISA, the candidate should be an enthusiastic person who is interested in making sense of large and complex data sets of various types as well as capable of working both independently and within a group. Teamwork experiences should be documented in the application.
High proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
Applicants will be selected through a qualitative overall assessment of the competencies and skills, assessed most suitable to conduct research and to contribute to the successful development of the research environment.
At Softwerk we value education. You will find yourself among people with an academic background. Most of our employees have a Master’s degree or two. But we all love to apply this knowledge in the industry
For more information, please contact
Your application should be mailed to email@example.com no later than 2021-04-18. The application must include a cover letter (with a motivation for why the candidate wants to pursue this PhD project) and a resume. In addition, a link to the candidate’s Master’s thesis should be provided.
Click the link to learn more about LNU DISA
Senior Software Developer (backend/frontend/full stack)
Softwerk is continuously growing and we need to expand the team with more people who share the same passion for software development as we do.
Who are you?
We think that you love to code and that you communicate well in either English or Swedish (or both). You have a Bachelor or Master of Science Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education. We need a team player who is learning fast, is flexible and who can think and contribute independently as well as bring additional value to the team. You are capable of getting things done and deliver solutions based on problem descriptions. This time we are looking for someone who has previous experience; 3-4 years in a software development role is needed to be considered.
What will you do?
As a developer at Softwerk, you will take part in all phases of a projects’ software development. Your task is to collect and analyze requirements, design systems including their architecture and components, to implement all aspects of the system - from prototypes to large-scale production quality systems, including testing and validation. You have experience in the evaluation and selection of architectures, technologies, tools, etc. You have a broad experience of state-of-the-art technologies and can quickly learn and apply new ones. You will implement client-side UI and serverside logic and persistency, and by being a member of the team you will turn prototypes into production quality products.
What do you bring to the table?
No one knows everything but we think that you are really good at something. We need to strengthen our team in several areas including but not limited to the list below. We do however work in very versatile environments and try to see the developer rather than the language.
Ninja level at Go? Give us a call!