Industry PhD an open position
Industry PhD. Vision and Goal – Drive the AI revolution.
With the leverage of Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Data Analytics, and Machine Learning we have a strong belief that we can create new values in our current and future projects. Softwerk is currently operating a big number of projects for customers all around Europe and most of them are data intensive.
- Field of subject for the position: Computer Science
- Language: English
- Placement: Softwerk AB in Växjö in collaboration with the Department of Computer Science and Media Technology, at Linnaeus University in Växjö.
- Extent: 100%
Softwerk is setting up an AI group that will help, enhance and innovate in projects across the organizations offering. The already existing group are looking for a new candidate. The main field of study will be image recognition and processing.
Tasks will include but may not be limited to:
- Evaluate and develop already existing algorithms from a theoretical perspective
- Specialize and customize algorithms together with product specialists and market domain experts
- Participate in discussions to find new uses for AI / ML technologies in existing data-intensive projects
Duties consist mainly of the following
Graduate studies in the field of Computer Science, with a doctoral degree as the goal. The PhD thesis should be completed and defended within the official appointment duration of five years (20% research education, 60% work related to the research area, 20% other work for Softwerk AB).
- Research in the field Big Data, Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Visualization, Sensors, and Content Management.
- Regularly present intermediate research results at international conferences, workshops and publish them in conference proceedings and journals.
General entry requirements
- Has been awarded a second-cycle qualification
- Has satisfied the requirements for courses comprising at least 240 credits of which at least 60 credits were awarded in the second-cycle, or has acquired substantially equivalent knowledge in some other way in Sweden or abroad.
Specific entry requirements
- Approved courses of a minimum of 90 credits in the subject Computer and Information Science or the equivalent
- An individual study project of a minimum of 15 credits in the subject Computer and Information Science, or the equivalent.
Good programming skills (in for example Java, C#, or Python), and solid training in mathematics and theoretical computer science. Documented expertise and working experience within at least two of the following research and educational areas is a great advantage:
- Big data analytics
- Data visualization
- Machine learning
- Sensor Data
- Content Management
- Parallel processing
Because of the interdisciplinary character of the project and LNUC DISA, the candidate should be an enthusiastic person who is interested in making sense of large and complex data sets of various types as well as capable of working both independently and within a group. Teamwork experiences should be documented in the application.
High proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
Applicants will be selected through a qualitative overall assessment of the competencies and skills, assessed most suitable to conduct research and to contribute to the successful development of the research environment.
At Softwerk we value education. You will find yourself among people with an academic background. Most of our employees have a Master’s degree or two. But we all love to apply this knowledge in the industry